Lawyers' Professional Liability Insurance
Why Choose APS?
Let's highlight a few reasons why:
- Our Comprehensive LPL Insurance provides executive and professional liability insurance for small to mid-sized businesses, firms and organizations.
- Experienced leadership, comprehensive insurance knowledge and a well-established reputation in service and response, allows us to provide coverage unsurpassed in the market.
- The most experienced team in the Lawyer Malpractice insurance industry that manages risk efficiently and cost effectively.
- Broad definition of insured includes past, present and future employees and members of the firm, independent contractors, of-counsels, heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives.
- Broad definition of professional services includes service as an arbitrator, mediator, title agent, author and/or member of a board or committee related to the legal professional.
- Broad Definition Claim
- Extended reporting period options
- 60-day automatic extended reporting period
- Automatic coverage for attorneys joining the firm during the policy period
- Worldwide coverage
- Punitive Damages: full limit coverage (where insurable)
- Disciplinary Proceedings: increased to $20,000 per proceeding/$100,000 aggregate
- Lost Earnings: increased to $500 each day/$30,000 per Claim/$50,000 aggregate
- Subpoena: increased to $10,000
- Limits of liability if up to $5 Million
- Deductibles available from $1,000
- Primary or excess coverage available
- Available in all 50 states including DC
Risk Management Services
- Risk management and practice assistance is provided for policyholders through a toll-free helpline. The helpline service is provided to reduce the risk of litigation and offer basic guidance on best practices.